R Tamara de Silva graduated with Special Honors from The University of Chicago and attended Loyola University School of Law. She attended and completed Oxford University's Said School of Business' Blockchain Programme. She completed MIT's Sloan School of Management, Blockchain Technologies: Business Innovation and Application, and Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy at MIT Sloan School of Management and MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory.
Ms. de Silva has studied blockchain technology since 2014. She is also brings over 19 years of extensive experience as a federal court litigator, with a practice that includes many significant cases including class actions. She is admitted before the federal Trial Bar, the Supreme Court of the United States, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Ms. de Silva was lead counsel for the first class actions alleging market manipulating and spoofing against the CME Group. She has prosecuted many federal civil rights cases and numerous First Amendment cases. She has represented whistleblowers in the futures and securities world. Her practice of law has focused on complex civil litigation, including federal appellate practice and securities regulation. Even before becoming a lawyer, Ms. de Silva was a trader and broker on the trading floor and brings an insider's perspective into the law.
Ms. de Silva is determined to have a law firm that works for its clients at the speed of business.
Outside of the law, Ms. de Silva co-founded LexAISolutions which works on architecting distributed ledger and AI solutions and applications for businesses and law firms with a team of Microsoft blockchain developers.
Ms. de Silva is easily reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheryl B. Fitzpatrick-Smith has been in the futures industry as a legal and compliance professional for over 20 years. In the futures industry, she has acted as counsel for a number of FCMs starting as an attorney with Lind-Waldock & Company. In 2009, she started a new venture, Futures Compliance Inc., a derivatives compliance consulting firm, where she assists FCMs, IBs, CTAs, floor brokers/traders as well as international trading firms with their legal and compliance responsibilities, including the formation of trading firms with U.S. regulatory bodies.
• Draft and negotiate industry contracts, including futures related agreements, ISDAs, swap documentation, prime brokerage agreements, securities lending agreements, employment agreements, non-competition and other business contracts.
• Mediate disputes and negotiate settlements between futures industry participants and oversee administration of pleadings, motions and other litigation matters.
• Litigate civil matters in federal and state courts and try arbitration cases with NFA and CFTC.
• Offsite and onsite compliance inspections, audits and testing, including Anti-Money Laundering inspections and report weaknesses or deficiencies in firm's operations, surveillance or procedures and suggest solutions to such weaknesses or deficiencies.
• Respond to regulatory inquiries and correspondence on behalf of industry participants ranging from registration issues to addressing serious audit deficiencies including investigation of deficiencies cited, creating and implementing procedural changes and training the firm’s brokers and employees accordingly.
• Perform on-site Crisis Consulting. Address and clean up regulatory problems resulting from deficient regulatory audits or instances of fraud or bad behavior by industry registrants by engaging in hands-on compliance services on the firm’s premises.
• Testify as an expert witness in derivatives litigation regarding rules governing the commodities industry including CFTC, NFA and FINRA regulations, applicability and use of these rules to futures industry firm operations.
Ms. Fitzpatrick received her law degree from the IIT Chicago Kent College of Law. She provides legal services to futures industry participants or investors requiring assistance, counseling or representation with general or industry legal matters, including employment and regulatory matters or representation in exchange or regulatory proceedings. As an active attorney and independent compliance consultant in the futures industry, Ms. Fitzpatrick has been instrumental in the creation of a number of new ventures, particularly assisting foreign firms with registration as FCMs - many also seeking assistance with clearing memberships on U.S. exchanges. Futures Compliance Inc. and the Law Offices of Cheryl Fitzpatrick-Smith are located in the Chicago Board of Trade Building.
Ms. Fitzpatrick is readily reached at email@example.com
Gregory R. Rich is a compliance and legal professional with over 25 years in the securities and financial services industry.
Greg’s varied experience includes work as an arbitrage options trader, Director of Market Regulation at the CBOE, Compliance Officer for several trading groups and Broker-Dealers, legal representative in SEC and Exchange Enforcement Actions, and compliance counsel for algorithmic trading firms.
Additionally, Greg has acted as a Financial, Operations, and Compliance Principal for registered trading entities regulated by the SEC, FINRA, and the CME.
He serves on the Business Conduct Committee of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
Greg founded and is currently Managing Director of RegTec, LLC, a compliance consulting firm that does varied regulatory-related work for BDs, FCMs, and independent traders. His Law Practice concentrates on securities and futures regulation, Bank Secrecy Law, and in-house counsel for compliance.
Greg’s educational experience includes degrees at DePaul University Law School and the Illinois Institute of Technology’s Stuart School of Business’s Master of Science in Finance Program, with a solid foundation in financial mathematics, statistics, and modeling.
With experience in block chain and bitcoin trading, Greg enthusiastically joins the Satya Law Group.
Mr. Rich can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
This website is for informational purposes only. Using this site does not constitute or form an attorney/client relationship. This site is legal advertising.
Copyright © 2018 - All Rights Reserved.